Saturday, October 23, 2010

Soulless Aminals: Do Animals Have Souls?

I was talking with Rachel, my wife, and she asked me if animals had souls.  This is a question many people ask their parents or even wonder to themselves.  Well, I took a moment and logged into the internet and opened the Bible together.  After a few minutes, I came upon an article that I think explains this rather well and also has an answer second to only a straight out no. 

http://christianity.about.com/od/whatdoesthebiblesay/f/animalsinheaven.htm

My Cairn Terrier, Charlie, is an important part of my life and I often feel he is a gift God has given me. You probably feel the same way about your pet.

That’s why I like the story about the elderly widow whose beloved little dog died after fifteen faithful years. Distraught, she went to her pastor.
 
"Parson," she said, tears streaming down her cheeks, "the vicar said animals have no souls. My darling little dog Fluffy has died. Does that mean I won’t see her again in heaven?"
 
"Madam," said the old priest, "God, in his great love and wisdom has created heaven to be a place of perfect happiness. I am sure that if you need your little dog to complete your happiness, you will find her there."

                                (this is the story that is written at the bottom of the article and is in no way my own) RS

By the way, the title of this post is not accidentally misspelled I wished to add some humor to this serious and heavy article. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment